General Home Inspection
PGR Home Inspections takes an investigative approach to our inspections. Following the InterNACHI Standards of Practics, I will inspect all visible and readily accessible areas of the home. Safety is always number one, but I will attempt to inspect even the most difficult spaces to uncover any issues that may be hiding.
Using the modern home inspection software Spectora, you will be provided with a thorough, detailed report no later than 24 hours after the inspection. The report will include high quality color photos depicting the good and the bad (hopefully minor) found throughout the home.
As the buyer, you are highly encouraged to attend the inspection, especially if you are a first time home-buyer. I want this to be an enjoyable process for you and get you involved in the inspection to further expand your knowledge of not only building science, but your future home!
Below is a list of the standard areas of the home that are inspected.
- Roof system, including the chimney
- All roof penetrations and structural components
- Gutters & downspouts
- Grading & drainage
- Walkways & driveway
- Garage doors, safety sensors & openers
- Exterior cladding and vegetation near the home
- Deck, stoops, porches & railings
- Windows & doors
- Attic, insulation & ventilation
- Heating system
- Cooling system
- Plumbing system
- Drainage sump pump with accessible float
- Electrical system
- Fireplace damper door & hearth
- Ceilings, floors & walls
- Basement, foundation & crawlspace
- Much much more!
Preparing for a Home Inspection
To ensure the inspection runs smoothly and efficiently its important to note the following:
- Verify all utilities are on including water, electrical and gas
- Confirm access is available to crawlspace, attic, garage, habitable rooms. Garage may contain water heater, HVAC, electrical panel, main water & gas line. Home inspectors require sufficient access to inspect these appliances, flooring, structure and fire proofing.
- Advise of any known problems including heating, air conditioning system, all appliances, plumbing, electrical, structural….etc.